8 Minute and 20 Second Workouts
A great workout in just 8 minutes and 20 seconds!
Most of us are accustomed to thinking the longer our workout, the better it is. We set an hour plus to change our clothes, drive to the gym, and work out. It becomes a big time-consuming task to complete every day.
Less is better
Less means more intensity with less time. Less time means improved consistency over time. I believe you can get more out of an 8 minute and 20-second workout than you can with your hour or so training. Intensity will go up along with consistency.
What you need
Interval Timer App. Can set the exercise time, rest time, amount of exercises per round, rest between rounds, and how many rounds. Just type in the interval timer in the App Store.
These workouts can be done by yourself or in a group of people. Each starts with one exercise and you all rotate until all 5 our done. We did these all summer long and they were great!
- Five exercises (30 seconds on, 10 seconds rest)
- 2 rounds
- 2 minute break between rounds
- Pick your 5 exercises. Can change them up per round or repeat the same five for both rounds.
- Set your interval timer for 5 exercises per round. Set it for 30 seconds per exercise and 10 second rest between exercises.
- Set your round reset (rest) time for 2 minutes
- Select 2 total rounds (should come out to be 8 minutes and 20 seconds total).
Example Workouts to follow
No equipment needed example workouts.
- Squat jumps
- Side plank (15 seconds each side)
- Close grip push-ups
- Body squats
- triceps dips
- Mountain climbers
Equipment and body weight
- Wall sit + Dumbell curl press (sit against the wall in a wall-sit while doing curls into shoulder presses with a dumbbell in each hand)
- Jump rope
- Pull-ups (can use assisted band for this)
- Squat Jumps
- MB slams
- Kettlebell swings
- Squat + DB curl presses (squat with DB in both hands and on the way up curl the DBs and then press them over your head)
- Physioball knee tucks + push-up ( get into a push up-plank position with your feet on the physioball. Tuck your knees to your chest and extend your legs back out and then do a push-up)
- Jump rope
- Single arm DB row (15 seconds each arm)
- Chin-ups (can use assisted band)
- Weighted wall-sit (can use only bodyweight as well)
- Squat Jumps
The goal of these workouts is to do as many reps as you can within the 30 seconds. When the 30 seconds is up you have 10 seconds to get to the next exercise and be ready to go. If done right you will sweat a lot and be tired. It’s a high intensity workout that’s done in a short amount of time. If the 10 seconds is too short of a rest between exercises then you can adjust it to 15 or 20 seconds. Do what will help you be consistent and progress. If you need to start with a 20 second rest and then work your way down to 10 seconds with time feel free to adjust!
All you need is 8 minutes and 20 seconds!
Let us know how you guys like these workouts!
Check out our new 100% grass-fed beef liver powder! 20% off first time purchases.