Berries & Mixed Greens Smoothie
Berries and Mixed Greens Smoothie
Why this smoothie!?
This is my staple morning smoothie because it’s low on the glycemic index. Berries (especially blueberries) for most people don’t spike insulin levels. The added fat from the avocado also helps stabilize insulin levels to keep them low. When you can start your day off with a nutrient dense smoothie that doesn’t spike your insulin it is easier to better eat healthy throughout the day. Foods that spike your insulin tend to make you crave more high insulin spiking foods as well as make you perpetually hungry.
Win the first meal of the day!
The Grocery List
- Almond milk or coconut milk
- Frozen Berries
- Clean chocolate protein source (I use primal kitchen brand)
- Raw honey
- Spinach/Kale/Mixed greens (choose one or all three)
- Flax seeds (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen berries
- 8 oz of almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein (I use primal kitchen)
- 1/2 an average size avocado
- 1-3 squirts of raw honey
- 1-3 handfuls of greens of your choice (kale, spinach, mixed greens, etc)
- 1 Teaspoon of flax seed
- Fill your blender with 8 oz of almond milk or coconut milk
- Add 1 1/2 cups of frozen berries into blender
- Add 1-3 handful of greens into blender
- Add 1/2 an avocado into blender
- Add 1 Teaspoon of flax seed
- Add 1-3 squirts of raw honey.
- Blend and enjoy!
What does your daily smoothie look like!? Comment on social media using #worthfitness
Check out our NEW 100% grass-fed beef liver powder for the ultimate add in to your daily smoothie!