Chicken Alfredo (Gluten and Dairy Free)
- 2 large organic chicken breasts, trimmed, tenderized/pounded down to the same thickness and cut in halves again
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or butter
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped a few times length-wise
- Sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup organic chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 box Banza Chickpea Pasta
- 1 Jar Primal Kitchen Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce
- Salt + pepper, to taste
Cook pasta in a large pot according to package, drain and drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top and set aside.
Heat avocado oil or butter in a large skillet until hot, but not smoking. Add onion and garlic to sauté for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Then add tenderized chicken to brown on either side, for about 4-5 min. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add in broccolini. Pour in broth and cover with lid to steam for several minutes. Add mushrooms, and then continue to let it steam. Remove lid, pour noodles over the top, and then the jar of alfredo sauce. Combine ingredients, place the lid back on, and turn down the heat to let cook for 4-5 minutes.